'Airwaves' sounds were recorded using a high quality and powerful radio transciever. The results are strange garbled voices on the edge of recognition, interference patterns, static drones and hidden morse code signals.
'Airwaves' is the second title in Ian Boddy's Waveforms series of sample libraries. All the sounds were recorded using a high quality and powerful radio transciever. This provided the raw data of strange garbled voices, buzzing interference patternsand hidden morse code signals that Boddy transformed into Airwaves.
Many of the samples you will hear are virtually untouched other than using some judicious EQ and compression to "clean up" the material. All the sounds are originally recorded in mono and some have been further processed in stereo using an arsenal of plug-ins to enhance and complement the mood and atmosphere of these intruiging sounds.
The Kontakt 2 programs are a simple C0 - C6 keyspan with C3 as the root key and a basic envelope and low-pass filter provided. The modulation wheel is set to turn the cut-off of the filter down as it is raised. No other programming is included as the sounds themselves are "finished" and it is intended to give the customer the flexibility of adding their own effects and modulations if desired.
- 100 samples at 44.1Khz, 24 bit in WAV format.
- Mixture of stereo & mono samples, cross-fade looped where appropriate.
- Raw audio recorded from a Yaesu FT-757GX HF all mode Transceiver with a Yaesu FT-757AT Automatic antenna tuner. Fed with single wire end fed antenna.
- Recorded directly into Apple Mac using RME Fireface 400 audio interface.
- Samples processed in Logic Pro 8 and edited in Bias Peak Pro 5.
- Native Instruments Kontakt 2 support provided
Additional processing provided by:
- AAS Tassman 4
- Audioease Altiverb, Periscope & Riverrun
- iZotope Spectron
- NI Reaktor
- PSP Nitro
- SFX Machine Pro
- Waves RCompressor & L1 Limiter
Suitable for Ambient, Chill-Out, Electronica etc.